Cooling Tower Descaler Chemical Cleaning with STSR
What is a cooling tower?
A cooling tower is a piece of equipment that is designed to transfer heat from the water so that it can be reused. The hot water will be sprayed across a heat transfer surface over a large or wide surface area. Cool air will be brought up through the equipment to cool the water by a fan at the top of the cooling tower.
Problems with scale buildup:
- Can form calcium carbonate
- Risk of damage
- Reduce water flow leading to channeling as well as restrict airflow
- Reduced ability to transfer heat from the water to the air
- Lower efficiency and higher costs
Cooling Tower Descaling Chemical Cleaning
Scale Remover STSR is a cooling tower descaler chemical, that has been used for cooling tower cleaning and cooling tower maintenance. Without cleaning and maintenance, equipment may need costly repairs, shutdowns or even replacing. Scale in any equipment in any industry decreases efficiency and can ultimately increase costs due to loss of heat transfer.
Cooling Tower Descaler Chemical Scale Remover STSR:
- Environmentally Friendly and Biodegradable
- Non-Corrosive to Steel and Unbroken Skin
- Safe to Handle
- Easy to use, with many applications, including foaming, low-pressure spray, soaks and recirculations
- Cost-Effective, saving you time, money and leaving your operation free of scale
Scale Remover STSR videos and studies:
Our cooling tower cleaning chemical Scale Remover STSR has been used to remove
- Calcium carbonate
- Other hard water scales
- Power Generation
- Steel Industry
- Pulp & Paper
- Sugar Industry
Cooling Tower Descaling Chemical Cleaning Procedure with Scale Remover STSR:
- Ensure make up water valve to tower basin is closed, all other water treatment is stopped, along with related meters, and fans be turned off.
- Clear all foreign matter possible before cleaning.
- Close the bleed-off valve and lower the water level in the tower basin whereas it can perform a circulation of the solution.
- Begin circulation of product in the system, foaming/bubbling can be a reaction to the scale, to reduce, place the product in slowly.
- While the product is in circulation, test the pH to see the progress of the cleaning and approaching the spent pH.
- If the product is spent and still scale in the system, more product is needed and repeat steps 4-5.
- Once cleaning is completed, cycle the product out of the system followed by an inspection., turning on of the meter and other equipment, return valves per manufacturer’s recommendations, and begin normal system operation.
- Dispose of the solution according to local regulations.
Product is available in:
- 15, 30 and 55-gallon drums
- 275 or 330 gallon totes
- 5-gallon containers and other sizes please contact us
For free samples and consultation, contact us today to test on your struvite or vivianite scale.